Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sweet Sayings. And Some Sassy Ones.

Merry Christmas! And Happy New Year! We're a little behind here right now and I have lots to catch up on. Christmas posts will come, but for now, I just have some quotes to get down.

A few days before my family came for Christmas I parked the car and got out to open Tyler's door, and noticed that Carsten had fallen asleep. I think I made a little bit of a pouty face and said, "Oh, no, he fell asleep!" Tyler immediately said, "It's ok Mommy. Don't be sad. We're going to celebrate Christmas with everyone we love."

Tyler woke up from his nap and caught me looking online for Christmas presents for Carsten. I didn't want him to feel left out, so I asked him what he thought he might like for Christmas. He said, "A Savior. We have a Savior already. He's right here!" And he went and got Baby Jesus from the Nativity Scene.

At Target he looked at the cashier and said, "You have a Savior." And then went on to tell her about God and Jesus in Heaven. And Noah too. Noah makes an appearance in every Bible story that Tyler tells.

For over a month now he has been singing Christmas songs at the top of his lungs everywhere we go. All the time. It's so cute. It's loud. But it's so cute. And he has brought joy to a lot of people in stores. I love how a loud, sometimes slightly off key song can bring instant smiles to people's faces! His favorites to sing are The Little Drummer Boy and Angels We Have Heard on High.

We have the Little People Nativity Scene and it is easily the best toy purchase we've made. After we got it out I told the story to him while acting it out with the Little People and he loved it. Now he loves to do the story himself. A lot of the time he loses focus or gets distracted part way through. And he says so many cute things when he does it. But my favorite is how he starts every time. He gets the angel and Mary and has the angel say, "It's ok, Mary. Don't be afraid, there's a baby in your tummy!"

And then there's the sassy.

It took almost a week after all of our Christmas festivities for Tyler to get back to normal. He was not exactly on his best behavior. On Tuesday I decided we needed to get out of the house despite the cold so we went to the mall play place and Target. The mall was fun. Target was not so much. It was a rough trip. He tested every limit he could think of and then some. Afterwards when I finally got his coat on him and we were headed outside he told me he wanted to take a nap because, "I'm just really tired out from disobeying!"

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha. This post cracked me up. I see a lot of similarity between he and Clara. We miss you guys. Clara just mentioned Tyler the other day:)

    ReplyDelete