While Carl was out snow blowing and Carsten was napping, Tyler and I made and played with played dough. Now, when I play with play dough I basically have three tricks. I can make snow men. I can make snakes. And I can cut out cookie cutter shapes. Yeah, I'm not so creative.
But this is what happens when Carl and Tyler play with play dough:
What?!
Tyler loves giving this fish hair cuts.
After nap time the first thing Tyler said was, "I'm so excited to go outside in the snow to play!" And he ran through the house shrieking and squealing, looking for his snow clothes. He'd been looking forward to a warm enough day for awhile. And he couldn't wait to get out there to turn the huge snow mountain Carl made into a fort.
Tyler and Carl played outside for about an hour and Tyler had an absolute blast! We asked him later what he thought of playing in the snow and he said, "It was perfect!" Carsten only got to stay out for a few minutes, so I followed him around watching him try to pull himself up on everything in the house.
It might seem simple, but this was one of the best days we've had in a awhile. It really was a perfect, much needed, low key day. So sweet and so much fun for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment