I don't like skipping posts or writing out of order. Because I'm a perfectionist like that. But I'm going to do it just this once because I don't have time to sort through my hundreds of Christmas pictures tonight. I'll try to get to that tomorrow.
I'm not sure exactly how cold it got yesterday. But I know that the night before it said the low would be -29. -53 with windchill. I've never seen those numbers on a thermometer. I never really wanted to either. Crazy! So clearly we did not go anywhere. All schools in Minnesota were canceled, along with most other things.
This how we spent our cold, cold, day:
First of all, we thanked God over and over for our warm house, working heater, fireplace and blankets! We were warm, cozy and barely even knew it was that cold out.
We played "roll the ball."
We did lots of puzzles.
We ate snacks and watched a movie.
Apparently we redecorated the Christmas tree?
We made...
...cornflake balls!
We decorated not one, not two, but ten gingerbread boys!
And did lots of playing. Carsten was so tired out after his busy day of crawling all over the house, that he fell asleep well I was making dinner and we couldn't even get him up to eat it!
Today wasn't as cold, but it was still cold enough for MOPS to get canceled so we were home again. Today we had hot chocolate, read lots of books, built towers, did more art projects, played hide-the-basketball, and Carsten decided to try to climb stairs. Thankfully he's a little too short and couldn't get his leg up. I'm not ready for that yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment