Thanksgiving is such a great reminder to be grateful for what we have. We have a verse of the week chalk board in our kitchen - something I bought in July and finally just got hung a few weeks ago. Anyway, our verse right now is Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, his love endures forever. Psalm 107:1. Just spending time teaching Tyler this verse has been a great reminder for me to constantly give thanks for all that we have. And to remember, that even in the hard stuff, God is good!
We truly have much to be thankful for. Yesterday we drove to WI to visit Carl's parents. We had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and Tyler had a blast running around with who he kept calling either, "Gamma, Gampa Hagen," or "Gamma, Gampa and Wayne." One of his favorite games lately has been Red Light, Green Light and he loved running circles through their house playing it last night.
This year I am especially thankful for two healthy little boys. Over the past five months, we have had many doctor and physical therapy appointments for Carsten. At least weekly, if not more. And I know I've said this before, but you just don't always think about what other people in this world are going through if you don't know them. But when you go to a specialty health care center all the time, it's just a great reminder to be grateful for our health. There are so many kids going in and out of that place with really serious issues. Carsten's was not serious. It wasn't fun, but it wasn't serious. It could be easily fixed, and as of Wednesday, it is fixed! He finished physical therapy three weeks ago and he was done with the helmet Wednesday. The doctor said that the small amount of correction that is left will probably fix itself faster on it's own than with the helmet. We are so glad to be done with it! But I won't lie to you, it was good protection. Several people told us they actually missed the helmet when they were done with it. And I thought they were crazy. But I get it now. Yesterday we were sitting at the table and he leaned forward and banged his head on the table. It looked intentional. But it hurt. With the helmet, things like that didn't phase him a bit! I don't actually miss the helmet though. We just might need to put padding on the table and gymnastics mats on the floors. :-)
Anyway, yesterday was our first full helmet free day. They gave us the mold of his head that the helmet was originally made from. It is truly incredible to hold it up to his head now and see where he started and where he is now. Thankful.
I have missed his cute little head, I just want to cuddle his little face up to me all the time! I still keep looking at him and thinking, "Oh no! We forgot to put his helmet back on!" I'm still getting used to him without it I guess. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment