Like lots of little boys, Tyler loves to show off his big muscles. If you ask him where he got his big muscles, he will tell you, "At the grocery store." Every single time.
We always tell Tyler that taking good naps will help his body feel good so he can play and have more fun later. He has translated that to if he's happy he doesn't need to sleep. Tonight after he was in bed, and I thought he was sleeping, he came out of his room with is arms full of stuffed animals and his biggest, most exaggerated smile on his face. And he said, "I happy! My alarm ringed."
Earlier today we were at church cleaning a nursery. There are several toddler rooms in one section and the doors to get into the section lock when they are closed. I was bringing containers of toys out and across the hall to wash and accidentally left my keys in the room with Tyler. He could've opened the door from the inside, but I was locked out with Carsten. So I knocked on the window, hoping he would hear. And he did. I started waving him over and trying to tell him through the glass to come and open the door. He didn't seem to be getting it, so I jiggled the door handle to try to show him I was locked out. He yelled out, "Mommy! You need your keys!" And he picked them up and showed them to me, then set them down and went back to play. Thanks sweetie. I had to go look for some one to let me in. :-)
I think I mentioned quite awhile ago that Tyler had started calling Carsten an otter. Well, he still calls him that. But he is now also an otter and he has decided that I am a tiger and Carl is an alligator. We are quite the unique little family. He actually calls me Mama Tiger instead of Mommy fairly often. And I never realized how many different names I call my kids until I started getting corrected every single time. Carsten is a baby otter. Tyler is either Little Otter or Big Little Otter or today he was Tyler Otter Policeman.
Last night we set up our Christmas tree. I know, I know, it's early. As we were setting it up, Tyler found the ipad and said, "Can I play with this ipad for Christmas please?"
I don't have any quotes from Carsten yet (although he's a pretty great (loud) little communicator), so here are a couple pictures. :-)
His new favorite thing.
Football player/firefighter?
They are so great together.
No comments:
Post a Comment