They love each other. They really, really do. But they are kids and they're brothers and they spent all their time together, so they are bound to drive each other crazy once in awhile.
This is Tyler's "gate". He set it up right at the edge of Carsten's bedroom so that Carsten couldn't get to his room. Unfortunately for Tyler, that isn't quite enough to stop him.
But most of the time they are best friends. They are constantly giving each other hugs and even kisses, and they copy each other continually. Carsten imitates Tyler's playing, singing and just about anything else. Tyler imitates Carsten by doing things like "accidentally" dropping food on the floor and then telling us Carsten taught him how to do that. Hmm.
Recently I read a blog about raising boys - a list of things that will happen when you have little boys. One of them said that people are always saying girls are more dramatic, but in reality boys are at least as dramatic as girls. Here's a little adorable proof.
Within just a few days all of these meltdowns happened at our house. Granted, it was during the week that Tyler decided he didn't need naps, and he was completely exhausted. But still.
1. I was taking him on a little date for breakfast while my parents stayed home with Carsten. But on the way out to the car Tyler saw a bunny and tried to chase it. When it ran away his little heart melted into a million pieces. He cried and cried and cried because he wanted to take the bunny out for breakfast and be its friend.
2. He wanted to sleep with a stegosaurus. Not his stuffed animal stegosaurus. A real one. Shockingly, we couldn't make that happen. And he cried himself to sleep because he wanted a "stegosaurus friend" to sleep with.
3. He wanted whiskers. Yes, whiskers. He was completely devastated that he doesn't have whiskers to shave. He was so, so sad that they wouldn't grow. It took a lot of talking to get him to move on from that. Like I said, devastating.
So yes, I agree. Boys can be very emotional. :-) But I love all those stories. He is just so sweet and has such a tender little heart. So cute.
Here are a couple new Tyler quotes and antics:
I told Tyler I was going to call Carl at work. His response: "Who is Daddy? Oh. Is he that guy that I love?"
I thought that he had fallen asleep for his nap and I needed to get his laundry. So I walked in and he wasn't in his bed! Where was he?
In his dresser drawer of course. His eyes were closed and I'm pretty sure he would have fallen asleep if I would have waited just a couple more minutes.
He was sleeping in his dresser drawer like "Banana Anna" (Vanna Banana) from a Veggie Tales movie. The things he remembers from Veggie Tales are ridiculous.
Carsten has been pretty funny himself lately. He doesn't believe he just turned one. He wants to do everything. He refuses to eat food that looks different than anyone else's. He notices everything.
We can't just give him pieces of food. He needs the whole taco. He won't eat anything without his own spoon and he will not let anyone feed him. Hello, Mr. Independence.
My Favorites
No comments:
Post a Comment