Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer!!

I've been doing a terrible job of writing on here. That's because we've been spending every possible minute outside these last couple of weeks. The weather around here has been blissful!

And then every minute I'm inside I'm undoing this:


Over and over and over again. Tyler's new favorite thing is to find every small toy he can and dump them all into one pile or bucket or laundry basket or multiple containers all over the house. We are talking everything all at once. Lincoln Logs, cars, Little People, Play mobiles, Legos, balls, play food, trains, puzzle pieces... literally every single piece of anything he can find. All together. All at once. It is making me crazy. I am the person who knows exactly how many pieces there are to every toy and can just look at them and know what is missing. The one who puts everything away in a very particular and perfectionist way. So I really am losing my mind over here. Anyway, that's where I've been lately. :-)

It is warm and sunny and beautiful out and sweet little Tyler has to be talked in to going outside half the time because he's having so much fun combining everything we own into one pile on the living room floor. He's usually "making dinner" with them all. But of course once we get out there he loves it and wants to stay outside forever.

Carl built the boys an awesome sandbox just in time for Carsten's birthday. They love it!




And we've spent lots of time at parks and playing in the water at our house.




We cut down a dead tree from this spot last year. Tyler is working really hard at growing a new one. He waters it everyday. Lucky for him, we actually are planting a new one, so maybe one day soon he will wake up to a beautiful new tree.




Kindly filling up his brother's hat with water.


We are so thankful for these beautiful, warm days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment