Tuesday, February 25, 2014

No Longer Young

Carl's Birthday was on Sunday. I love Birthdays! And Tyler does too, so we had a lot of fun getting ready for Carl's. Jacob and Laura came on Saturday and watched the boys while we went to the Cheesecake Factory. It was actually our Christmas present from them - a gift card, free cheesecake coupons and free babysitting. So fun! Sunday morning started with Tyler telling Carl it was his birthday and that he got him a helicopter (the little plastic thing that shoots spinny helicopters off of it). So I let him give it to him right away. He picked it out all by himself. And he told Carl, "I got this for you. And for me!" Honesty.

Then at breakfast he asked Carl, "Daddy, are you not young anymore?" I love two year olds.

Carl went to Caribou for his free coffee in the afternoon and Tyler and I quickly tried to make the frosting for his giant cookie cake. We didn't finish in time so when Carl walked in Tyler said, "I'm not going to tell you that we're making frosting. I didn't tell you that we're making that." We were actually pretty impressed with his secret keeping skills though, because later Carl asked him what we did today and he said, "I'm not telling you that!"

I'm not a very good decorator, but we loved the giant cookie!

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, because of all the places in the world, that will always be what he chooses. Tyler couldn't wait to give him presents afterward.. He helped me wrap his, he made a card and then hid them all so Carl wouldn't find them. Then when it was time for the birthday party he brought them all upstairs and re-hid them around the kitchen and living room. He only opened one while he was arranging them. :-)

Tyler made Carl a card and wanted it to say, "I love you so much in the whole wide world and I love you so much!" Adorable. He worked really hard on it. And then glued a whole bunch of pieces of paper together to put inside of it. He also decorated his gift bag by taping ribbon and wrapping paper all over it, just for Daddy.

He wanted to get him this:


I had to work really hard to gently convince him we should look at a few other things first. And then hoped that he would forget about it.

He did however also get him a a toy dinosaur to go with the helicopter. Carl asked if he could keep it at work, but Tyler thinks it would be better to keep at home. :-)

Happy Birthday Carl! We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment