Monday, April 29, 2013

Oh The Stories

I have a few Tyler quotes I just have to get up here before I forget. I wish you could hear his little voice saying these things, because it's hilarious. But this is the best I can do.

Lately he has been sort of telling on himself for things. I think he's just pointing out that I should be paying more attention. A few days ago we were in the bathroom. I was putting my contacts in and make-up on and Tyler was brushing his teeth. I am constantly telling him to turn the water off when he's not using it. But that day I guess I was paying more attention to whatever I was doing until all of the sudden he said, "Mommy, look. I wasting water!" And sure enough, he was just running the water and watching it go.

The next day he was taking an exceptionally long time to finish eating lunch, so I started cleaning up. When he finishes eating sometimes he starts to play with his food and we always tell him if he's just playing then he needs to be done. I was putting things in the dishwasher when he said, "Mommy, I just playing." I looked up to see him giggling and dropping handfuls of food on top of himself from as high in the air as he could reach. What a stinker!

Then the other night when we were eating dinner Carl and I decided to have pop with our pizza. Part way through the meal Tyler asked for some and I told him that when he's a little bit bigger he can have pop but it was just for Mommy and Daddy right now. (I know, mean, right?) He immediately looked down at his shirt (that said Big Brother), pointed to the word Big, and said, "I big! Me bigger right now." We were totally amazed that he put that together and Carl gave him a sip of root beer just because he was so proud of him for it. It was so funny to watch.


 
I can only hope that Tyler is as good with his baby brother as he is with his Hallies. They are the most loved stuffed animals in the world! On Sunday we asked Tyler if he was excited to meet his baby brother and he said, "I want baby brother. I need new one." He can say he wants a new one for another week or so I guess, but then he is stuck with the one he gets!
 
It's actually been pretty fun over these last few weeks to see Tyler get excited about the baby. Although he still has no idea how things will change, he has been telling us he wants to hold him. And he calls his old room the baby's room, sometimes even using the baby's name. He has been having fun playing with his old baby toys, and playing in the crib. He saw our crib bedding set up in a crib at Babies R Us Saturday and he ran over to it shouting that it was Baby _____'s bed. He also still asks us to hold him like a baby and reminds us that he is our baby regularly. But hopefully he won't mind being the bigger baby soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment