Saturday, April 20, 2013

New Room!

Tyler finally moved into his new room almost two weeks ago. Since I was hoping to do this in the beginning of February, and there were a lot of things I couldn't do until it was done, it has thrown me off a little to just be done with it now. But the pieces finally fell together and it's done. (And I am now obsessively scrambling to get all the organizing and cleaning done that I can in the rest of the house before baby gets here in less than three weeks!) We are still waiting for an under-bed storage drawer and a bookshelf to be delivered, but that won't be until the end of May or June. For now Tyler is using the bookshelf from the baby's room. And I am still looking for valances for his window. I cannot find anything I like so far, but hopefully I will sometime soon so his room can be complete!

Tyler loved helping Daddy "fix" the new room!


He was a very hard worker.

Yes, we got bunk beds. The plan was to store the top one until we need it, but somehow that didn't happen.


Tyler's name was my one DIY project. I love his cozy little book corner.

So excited for the first night in his new room!

Doesn't he look so little in such a big bed?

Thankfully, Tyler loves his new room. With the exception of the first few days (before Carl made some black-out shades), he has been napping and sleeping amazingly in there and I am so thankful for that. It took months for him to start sleeping well when he switched from crib to toddler bed. So I was really hoping this would go better.

I'm still hoping he will come to the conclusion himself that his old room would be a good one for a baby. But so far he still thinks the little guy should sleep downstairs. The baby's room is all set up, but we haven't made up the bed or anything yet. We wanted Tyler to get used to his new room before we set his old one up for some one else. He is running out of time to come to that conclusion though. :-)

1 comment:

  1. That looks ADORABLE! You did a GREAT job with Tyler's new room. He looks so tiny in that big bed...ha ha. Love it.

    ReplyDelete