Sunday, October 3, 2010

Saturday Night Adventures

Yesterday on a freezing cold October day Carl went to study for most of the day so I spent my time drinking hot chocolate and getting some things done around the house. At about 7:00 or so I started laundry. Seemed like a simple project. But it turned out to be my very first laundry tragedy. I put in a HUGE load of jeans. I was really pushing the limits of what my washer could hold, but all was good. Then I put them in the dryer arond the time Carl got home. We noticed that it was really loud, but did either of us think to check out why it was so loud? No. I just shut the door and let it be. Big mistake. Carl accidentally left his nice new pen in one of his pockets and I did not check pockets so now every pair of jeans we own, except what we were wearing, have blue ink stains all over them. So we spent the rest of the night scrubbing stains, and rewashing the jeans twice because all the water was so blue from the ink floating around, and trying unsuccessfully to scrub the inside of our now blue dryer. At 11:30 we finally gave up on trying to get things clean and picked a movie from Netflix to watch. Have you ever seen Nine Months? It was funny right up until the part where two women were in labor at the same time with husbands and doctors passing out. And really, I never wanted to see how big an epidural needle actually is. When the movie was over our jeans were still stained and not dry yet so we hung them all over the house and put the other load in so we could go to bed. At 2:00. Two loads of laundry should not take 7 hours.

So today, it's possible that we slept through church and I spent the rest of the day grocery shopping and celebrating Pumpkin Month by making yummy pumpkin dip and delicious pumpkin bars. Yay! We will be shopping for new jeans soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment