Monday, October 4, 2010

Baby Names :-)

I was looking though a list of baby names on one of my new favorite websites, http://www.thebump.com/, but instead of finding names that I would actually use, I got distracted by all the names I couldn't believe were actually on there. Here are some of my favorites;

Girls                            Boys                         Boys/Girls                  
Ababuo                      Algernon                    Abcde                    
Cinderella                   Arathorn                    Baby
Colony                        Argyle                       Drury
Fews                          Banyan                      Pirate
Frideswide                  Basil                         Starbuck
Gunhilda                     Bleacher                    Thackary
Kipling                        Bonaventure              Chick
Murgatroyd                 Boniface                   Cookie
Hamo                         Caractacus                Durable
Mopsa                        Doctor                       Fairly
Peaches                      Elder                         Obedience
Petronella                    Elmo                         Reading
Prue                            Fitzroy                      Twilight
Theired                       Frick                         Binder
                                  Galahad
                                  Guildford
                                  Sinjin
                                  Tennis

Sorry, that got to be a lot of them but I thought they were hilarious. And I'm really sorry if anyone was actually planning on using one of these names. I did not mean to offend anyone! But please don't name your child Frideswide or Bleacher.

5 comments:

  1. I am with you on the strange names! All I have to say is...those poor children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the name Frick. I think I will name my first son Frick....what?!?! That name is crazy!! I can't believe some of the others either! (sorry to anyone who might be naming their son Frick).

    ReplyDelete
  3. dangit - I was totally going to name my next baby Frick. I guess I better not now. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i'm just wondering why i'm not on your friends and family list...maybe that's why i don't visit often...and what's wrong with Algernon???

    ReplyDelete
  5. and i think you may be related to Murgatroyd...becuase my Mom always talked about her:)

    ReplyDelete