When he sees her in the hallway he jumps behind me and hides and even blushes a little. I don't think he ever actually talks to her because he's too nervous about it. But today he told me he said hi to her. :-) Big steps! I just love this boy and his sweet little heart.
I have a few unrelated Tyler quotes I want to get on here too.
"Mom, I'm going to pray to God in my bed for a new baby sister! When our new baby sister named Polly gets here, I'm gonna pray for another one!" That was a few weeks ago, but he told me the same thing today. That he really wants another baby after she gets here and he's going to pray for that. I hope he still feels that way after she gets here!
We used to do most of our grocery shopping at Rainbow, but they all closed and most were turned into Cub Foods. And Tyler misses Rainbows. The other day we were talking about how excited I am that a Hy-Vee is being built near us. And Tyler said, "Can we call the construction workers and ask them to build a Rainbow? I want them to build us another Rainbow. Why can't they?" He was really unhappy when we told him it doesn't work that way and we can't just call up the construction workers to build us a grocery store. :-) He wants to build and open one when he grows up.
At church on Sunday they learned about the last supper. But this was Tyler's version: "I learned about Jesus dying on the cross and the first dinner."
We have still been having some issues getting the boys to sleep lately. And at naps I've been laying down with Carsten to help him fall asleep. I realized one day that it had started to bother Tyler that he wasn't getting snuggled with during that time, which made me feel terrible. And that night when I was saying good night to him he said, "Mommy, I was shocked that you didn't snuggle with me. I was so shocked." And when Carl went in there he said, "Did you know that I was shocked that Mommy didn't snuggle with me?" At least if it's that shocking it must mean I usually give him enough snuggles, right? And I have been trying new ways of getting them to fall asleep so they both get all of the snuggles they need!
"Mom, I'm going to pray to God in my bed for a new baby sister! When our new baby sister named Polly gets here, I'm gonna pray for another one!" That was a few weeks ago, but he told me the same thing today. That he really wants another baby after she gets here and he's going to pray for that. I hope he still feels that way after she gets here!
We used to do most of our grocery shopping at Rainbow, but they all closed and most were turned into Cub Foods. And Tyler misses Rainbows. The other day we were talking about how excited I am that a Hy-Vee is being built near us. And Tyler said, "Can we call the construction workers and ask them to build a Rainbow? I want them to build us another Rainbow. Why can't they?" He was really unhappy when we told him it doesn't work that way and we can't just call up the construction workers to build us a grocery store. :-) He wants to build and open one when he grows up.
At church on Sunday they learned about the last supper. But this was Tyler's version: "I learned about Jesus dying on the cross and the first dinner."
We have still been having some issues getting the boys to sleep lately. And at naps I've been laying down with Carsten to help him fall asleep. I realized one day that it had started to bother Tyler that he wasn't getting snuggled with during that time, which made me feel terrible. And that night when I was saying good night to him he said, "Mommy, I was shocked that you didn't snuggle with me. I was so shocked." And when Carl went in there he said, "Did you know that I was shocked that Mommy didn't snuggle with me?" At least if it's that shocking it must mean I usually give him enough snuggles, right? And I have been trying new ways of getting them to fall asleep so they both get all of the snuggles they need!
Showing off his big muscles.
Totally conquering Super Hero Training Day.
I just love this guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment