I can't even tell you what a perfect fit Carsten is for our family. When we go out as a family of four, it just feels right. Like there was a little missing piece to our puzzle. Our first week home from the hospital flew by in record speed. When my parents left it really felt like they'd only been here a couple of days, not two weeks! They were amazing. They took such good care of us. They made us meals, cleaned up after us, did our laundry, and helped with our boys. It was so good for Tyler to have them here - they were a great distraction when Carl was at work and I was busy with Carsten. He was very loved by lots of people in those first couple of weeks. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do when they left. I knew that I wanted to be my normal self for Tyler, but I wasn't. I couldn't lift him up. I couldn't play with him the way I normally would - no running around and being crazy. And I had a baby to care for. But I think when they left he realized that I still could snuggle up and read him stories, play games with him and take care of him and he has settled back into normal life pretty well. Thank goodness! Because there were several days of major melt downs and him climbing up or hiding behind things, knowing I couldn't do anything about it! I am very thankful that it was only a few days before he got back to his normal self. The very hardest part of having our second baby was the fact that Tyler took it out on me. He was missing me and wanting to be around me, but when I would try to play with him he would say he wanted some one else. And for at least a week I was about the last person on his list of people to talk to. He didn't want hugs or kisses or really anything from me. It was so sad. I was missing him a lot. And I am so glad to have him back!
When my parents left I had two days on my own while Carl worked. They went really well! We stayed home Thursday, but we went to play group on Friday and it was so great to get out and do something normal! Now Carl is off for two weeks and we are so thankful and excited to have him at home with us.
We take a lot of pictures. I'm going to try my best to choose an appropriate number to post on here. :-)
Mother's Day at the hospital. Maybe not the best place in the world to spend that day, but I spent it with the best people! And I got spoiled. My boys brought me a Hot Apple Blast from Caribou, a beautiful necklace (that Tyler insisted on putting on me himself - it took a long time), flowers and a giant giraffe balloon. Also picked out by Tyler. :-)
And it was my first Mother's Day with this sweet little man!
Getting ready for his first car ride home.
Saying good-bye to Grandma Ronni and Papa Joe.
I can't get enough of this little face.
I have lots more to write about, so I will get on here again as soon as I can for more updates on our crazy, beautiful new life. :-)
Love it! I know it's hard to post because you are busy, but I love hearing about it!
ReplyDelete