Thursday, February 21, 2013

That's My Boy!

Tyler cracks me up. He really does. I feel like there is always a new "latest" thing that he is getting into or doing that helps my life stay completely crazy. And I love it!

The new latest:

Taking his diaper off. All. The. Time.

The very second he goes potty he strips off his pants, unbuttons his onesie, and takes off his diaper. In Kansas his changing pad and diapers were in a corner on the floor so after he stripped he would go lay out his pad, pull out some wipes and a diaper and say, "Mommy, diaper!" But at home he usually takes it all off and just goes back to playing in the nude. You can find him running around with no pants on about half the time lately. It's mostly funny. He knows that he has gone potty and he's doing something about it, so I would say that's a step in the right direction towards potty training!

The problems come when the diapers are either not just wet, or it's at nap time. Then it can get a little messy. I have to check on him often while he's going to sleep at nap to make sure he's fully clothed. For a couple weeks, he was never wearing a diaper when I checked on him. Sometimes he took it off three or four times before he fell asleep. Now he's gotten better and I think he really does only take it off when he knows it's wet. But I have found him sound asleep without one on and a pile of clean diapers laying next to him.

This is just Tyler being Tyler. And making quite the fashion statement. :-)
 
 
Since Tyler loves doing everything we do, I have looked for a toy shaving kit for him, so that he can shave like Daddy. His current morning routine involves putting in his contacts, putting a head band on like I do when I wash my face, putting deodorant on (if I ever have white streaks all over my legs it's because he helped me put it on too), brushing his hair with my make-up brushes, and putting in his invisaline like Daddy. He loves it when Carl helps him pretend to shave. So I thought he would love to have his own little razor in his bathroom drawer, and maybe even stop trying to steal Carl's. Turns out they are impossible to find. Literally impossible. But as I was walking through Target the other day I noticed a new shelf of bath toys and one of them was a bath shaving kit. Score!
 
It's been a huge hit so far. He thinks he's such a big kid!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment