Sunday, February 24, 2013

Happy THIRTIETH Birthday Carl!

Yesterday Carl turned 30. It was a bit of a blow to him since he thought he was turning 29. I thought he was kidding when he told Tyler that and I called him a liar. He wasn't kidding. I should have broken the news to him more gently! The good part about that is he thought I was still 29 too. Now that I think about it, I really shouldn't have told him at all.

We had all kinds of fun things planned. Tyler and I were talking about it and scheming for days. I can't even begin to describe how excited Tyler was for Carl's "Happy Birthday." It was adorable. We promised Carl could sleep until 9, so as hard as it was for Tyler to wait, we finished making the cake and breakfast, and made a quick Caribou run before he finally got to wake Daddy up with balloons. He ran into the room talking about the balloons, yelling "Happy Birthday," and telling him to get up.

 
Then we ate breakfast and headed off to the Science Museum for the morning! I knew there was a lot of kid-type stuff there, but I wasn't sure if Tyler was quite old enough or not. But there was a lot for him to do and we all had a great time!





 
Captain Tyler, driving his boat. This was probably his favorite part of the day.

Tyler couldn't be bothered with pictures. He was very busy driving the boat!

After the museum we went home so Tyler and Carl could take their naps. Then we got back into the car and went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Carl is obsessed with that place. He would eat there weekly if he could. Daily, even. He suggests it every single time we talk about eating out, and most of the time he gets shut down. Because I like it, but not that often! I couldn't really say no on his birthday though.

This is happiness.
 
I think Tyler might actually like it as much as Carl. He talked about it non-stop after we told him where we going, and he ate a pretty amazing amount of food. He just got back from sledding and saw this picture, so now he's running around yelling "Buffalo Wings" all over again. :-)
 
Then it was back home for cake.

 
The cake was a monster. But you have to go big for 30, right? Tyler was waiting for this part all day. He could not wait to sing Happy Birthday with his shakers. He'd been practicing. And he was really good. :-)
 
Don't worry, he didn't eat the whole thing. Not even close. It was the size of his head!
 
We are so thankful for Carl and everything he does for our little family. He is a great husband and a great Daddy. We love you Carl!

No comments:

Post a Comment