I won't lie, I was a little nervous about Tyler and the plane. I knew he would be excited to be on an airplane and I knew he would be pretty distracted by everything going on in the airport. But the flight was at nap time after an already busy, crazy weekend. The last time he flew was over a year ago so this was a whole new ball game. His ability to sit still for more than two seconds is not always stellar. But he did amazing! Thankfully there was an open seat next to me so he could sit in his own. Although when the plane took off it kind of scared him and he flew into my lap and sat there for most of the flight anyway. But he was happy and a good listener and loved everything about the airplane. Especially the pretzels and juice they brought him. He kept calling the flight attendants nice. :-)
He loves reading magazines, so I brought him his own Parenting magazine. He's learning how to take good care of his puppies. :-)
We had such a fun week with Papa Joe and Grandma Ronni (who he has just started calling Ronni most of the time. Oops.) It was warm, so we got to go to the playground and the zoo while we were there! He got up every morning and asked Grandpa for eggs. He baked muffins and a giant cookie. He even got to go to Nav Night. He was so excited about Navs (even before he knew what it was) It starts after his bed time so we only stayed for the music and then went home. But he still starts dancing and talking about the music if we ask him about Navs.
Such a helper.
We've missed playgrounds!
Checking out the peacocks and flamingos.
He's cute when he runs.
Proud of his HUGE cookie.
Reading with Grandma.
Orange Leaf with Papa Joe!
It was 60 degrees outside, but Tyler found the stash of hats and mittens and entertained himself for a long time. Maybe he was missing Minnesota?
We found out the day before our flight home that my brother Jeff was flying in to Kansas City 45 minutes before we flew out. As it turned out, he even flew in on the same plane we were getting on and we saw him at the gate. Even if we hadn't known he was going to be there, we would have practically ran into each other. I walked around the corner from security right in front of him as he walked off the plane. And he would have seen my parents watching us through the window. So as a bonus, they got to hang out with him for a couple hours after we left.
Like I said before, Tyler did amazing on the first flight. I should have prayed more for the second one! We didn't have a seat open next to us and when the man sat down by us, Tyler started telling him "No," and "Go." He cried for a lot of the flight, saying, "Home," and "No airplane!" And because of the one year old on my lap and my pregnant self, I couldn't reach our bag of fun stuff so we were just stuck with the two books we had out at the beginning. The poor boy was so ready to be done traveling.
Somehow that trip exhausted me a ridiculous amount, so when we got home I was pretty much useless for a few days, I can officially say that our suitcase is finally unpacked and our laundry is done, but it took three days!
No comments:
Post a Comment