I think the only way we could really describe the last few weeks, would be with one word. Craz-tastic. They have been really fun, but really busy, and a little exhausting. So here are some highlights for you.
I surprised Carl with a night away in Eau Claire. I asked him to take a half day off of work and be home by noon so I could have eye and hair appointments. But when he got home I told him to get in the car and we drove to Eau Claire. We stayed at the Metropolis and took Tyler to the water park when we got there. Then we dropped him off with Jacob and Laura for his first night away from us ever. I was sooo nervous about how he would do without us, but as it turns out, he didn't really care and he had a great time with his aunt and uncle. But he was happy to see us when we picked him up! :-)
The next weekend we went back to Eau Claire and stayed at a hotel with my parents. We had an early Thanksgiving dinner at Jacob and Laura's house, played lots of games and took Tyler swimming.
We re-learned, for about the millionth time that Tyler is a complete daredevil. He was frighteningly brave at the swimming pool. In the past he's shown at least a little caution. I don't know if it's because he was overtired or if he just got braver. But he was CRAZY. He had fun pretending to swim and jumping off the side. When he jumps he squats down and looks like he's going to jump, but them he really just falls forward face first into the water. And loves it. And he also spent a lot of time walking down the stairs until the water was up to his chin and then yelling. "Deep!" and giggling.
After two nights in Eau Claire we came home and my parents stayed with us for five nights. We had a lot of fun with them here. But not a lot of sleep. We played 500 every night, and I might add that the girls dominated. Of course. :-)
We went to Colfax on Thanksgiving Day and spent it with Carl's parents, great aunt Verna, and Matt and Janelle.
And on Friday we hosted Thanksgiving for the Jacobson side of the family.
This week has been equally busy, but I do feel like I'm finally catching up. Our house looks like Christmas and we are ready for December!
No comments:
Post a Comment