So we brought his little alligator costume home for him. He's tried it on and worn it around the house quite a few times since we bought it. If we ask him if he wants to try on his alligator costume he gets really excited and runs to his room to get it out of his closet.
So needless to say, yesterday was a very exciting day. Carl's work has trick-or-treating for all of the empolyee's kids every year. I think that's so fun that that they do that! So after Tyler's nap we got his costume on and went to Daddy's work. That was a lot of excitement in one little trip. He got to see Daddy, he got to see Daddy's work, he got to go in the car, he got to wear his costume and he got candy! It did not take him long to get the hang of finding the bowls of candy as we walked around. And for the most part he was really good about taking one piece. Although we did catch him sneaking two a few times. :-) And then of course all of Carl's friends kept telling him to take more, so when we got to that area he tried for several handfuls. I'm pretty sure Tyler could have walked in circles around that place for hours, he was having so much fun!
I forgot to bring extra clothes for our Bed Bath and Beyond stop. He didn't seem to mind. :-)
We hadn't really planned to take him trick-or-treating. We were just going to go to a couple of our neighbors houses so they could see him in his little costume. The first one we went to actually had bought him a little present for when he stopped by. So sweet! Then Carl took him to "two more" while I got dinner ready. Two more turned into more than just two because Tyler was having so much fun. After a couple houses he even started saying "Dee-do-dee" (trick-or-treat) as he walked up the driveways. And we have absolutely no idea where he learned this, but Carl said that everytime they passed someone on the sidewalk Tyler said, "Boo!".
As soon as we finished eating, Tyler went to find his pumpkin bucket and ran to the door saying, "More".
This morning the first thing I heard on the monitor was Tyler talking about pumpkins. He calls them puppies. Which is really funny because that's not what he calls puppies. Then as soon as he got out of bed he ran out to find his "puppy" bucket and headed for the door again. All he's actually eaten is a few M&M's. But he's been carrying his bucket of candy everywhere. I have a feeling I'm going to be finding candy in wierd places all over the house for awhile.
He is SO cute! What a perfect costume for him!! I think Claire was the same way last year- waking up the next day and saying " trick or treat again" :) I guess this goes to show the total difference in kids personalities! Ellie is so shy, didn't want to walk up to strangers houses, we had to talk her into taking a piece of candy. She'd put it in her bag and sign thank you and then be ready to be done. HA! :) too funny!
ReplyDelete