I can't keep it in for a second longer. Tyler is going to be a big brother! We are so excited that God has blessed us with another sweet baby and we cannot wait to meet this new little one! I am a little over 12 weeks and due May 17, but I'll be having a c-section about a week before that. This time we'll know exactly what day to expect the big appearance. Unless of course it decides to come early. :-)
Our happy little family with our 4 pumpkins :-)
Tyler loves to talk about his baby and kiss it. He also comes up to me at random times to point at my tummy and say, "Baby, gentle".
We had two early ultrasounds. When we went in for the first one Tyler saw the screens in the room and said, "TV. No, no, no." He doesn't get to watch TV at home yet. But the second time we went in he saw them and said, "Baby!" right away. Last week we got to hear the heartbeat. When the doctor was listening for it, Tyler lifted up his own shirt to see if he had a heart beat. Now if we ask him what the baby's heart sounds like he tries to imitate it.
This morning we got to have a third ultrasound! New Life Family Services came to church to teach a lesson on life to the middle schoolers and they did a live ultrasound for them. Guess whose baby they used! I thought it might be a little wierd to have an ultrasound in a huge room of people, but I did it for two reasons. One of course is that we got to see our baby! :-) But also, I am passionate about unborn babies. I think they have a right to live the life that God gave them and that no one else should be able to make that decision. I think it's amazing that they taught a lesson about the miracle of life right from the beginning to kids because they are growing up in a world where people will tell them it's just tissue, that they aren't babies yet, and that the mother gets to decide if that life is valuable enough to keep. I'm so excited that I got to be a part of that lesson. There will be kids in the room that are either faced with an unplanned pregnancy someday or will no some one who is. And I hope the image of our baby jumping and wiggling and sucking it's thumb, and it's little heart beating will be something they remember.
So when I got there they did a prescreen with me first just to make sure everything was ok before they did it live. The baby was really active! And when it first started it looked like it was on it's knees praying. So sweet! It was also fun because there was a lot of time and we could just watch for awhile. Then we went over to the big room and they had me completely blocked off from everyone while the baby was up on the big screens in front. It was so fun to hear the kids reacting to the different movements and things the baby did. At the end the nurse and I went up front and they got to ask questions. Middle schoolers are funny. They had some really good questions though - mostly for the nurse and a few for me. And they wanted to pick the name for the baby. They thought they should get to vote on it. :-) They all thought it was pretty cool. It was so fun to be a part of such a special and important lesson!
Our baby, star of the show!
It's a picture of a picture, so it's not great quality, but it's the picture that shows the baby praying. I think it's cute!
Kristi, this is so cool! I'm so glad you got to do this for the church! Thank you for sharing the picture of Baby - we are so excited to meet him/her! Our bible study has been truly blessed :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Hagen's! How exciting!!! I can't wait to meet your new addition in May! Too bad you can't plan the c-section for May 15th! Amos and Baby Hagen #2 would be twins (well twins that are one year apart :)). So excited for the three of you!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! So excited for you guys!! Congrats a million times - can't wait to see another adorable Hagen baby!
ReplyDeleteYou should plan the C section for May 11 - that's Kate's birthday!! : )
Love you guys!!
Many Congrats to you!!! How incredibly exciting! I'm SO very happy for you! Blessings.
ReplyDelete