Tyler has enjoyed helping me cook for awhile. But usually he's helping with dinnner and nibbling on onions or other random things. Right before Thanksgiving he helped make a pumpkin pie and discovered the true joys of baking.
Is it too early for Christmas Cookies? I say no. If I'm being honest, I've been wanting to make them since before Thanksgiving. But I held off. We put our tree up on Sunday, and on Monday Tyler and I got to work. I made the dough while he was napping, but he did all the rest of the work himself. Actually, it kind of impressed me. I thought he would help for few minutes and move onto the next thing. But he wanted to do it all. He cut out every single cookie by himself. And if I tried to help he told me no with great passion. He rolled the dough (I had to force him to let me help with that part), he chose the cookie cutter he wanted and he found the perfect spot on the dough. I put them on the pan, but he put on the sprinkles and frosting until he had to go to bed.
It was hard work, but this was worth the wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment