Unfortunately, Saturday was one of those days filled with great plans that didn't really work out. For some reason (and I have no idea why, because I was clearly wrong) I thought the zoo was open until 8. So we decided to go after Tyler's nap so Carl could help a friend with some house projects in the morning. As Tyler was eating a quick snack after his nap, I decided to look just in case and realized they close at 6! But we already had food packed for dinner and were all ready to go, so even though we wouldn't get there until 5:15 we decided to go anyway. Unfortunately for us, they stopped selling tickets to the dinosaurs at 5:30 and it would have been too late by the time we got to that part of the zoo. So instead we looked at some of the outdoor animals and headed off to Edinborough Park to play instead.
Edinborough Park has a huge indoor play structure and a gym. We've never taken Tyler there before, but he had sooo much fun! He was in his element climbing on everything and going down slides with Carl.
So even though it wasn't the plan, we did have a lot of fun. And we went to the zoo yesterday instead! It was supposed to rain all day, but we figured we could always see the indoor animals if nothing else. Lucky for us, it barely sprinkled a couple of times, and since it wasn't a great day out, there was hardly anyone there.
The dinosaurs are huge and loud and the first two even spray water at people, so I was a little nervous it might scare Tyler. But I should have known he would love them, just like Carl thought. He made sure we were always near him, but he really wasn't scared. Just a little cautious at first. He even roared back at most of the dinosaurs. :-)
This was Tyler's favorite. He thought the noises it made were pretty funny!
He wasn't such a fan of this one, but can you blame him? Creepy!
The dinosaurs were much more interesting than the camera. The only pictures where he's even kind of looking in right direction worked because there were more dinosaurs roaring behind the camera.
Reading up on his dinosaur facts.
A dream come true for a little dinosaur lover.
For as many times as we've been to the zoo, we've never gone to the farm. So we did that too! Tyler especially loved the chickens. He chased them all around and even tried to climb in the bushes after them. He couldn't figure out why they kept leaving.
It was a pretty fantastic day for a little boy!
My favorite part is that he really is not looking at the camera in any of these pictures. So much fun!
ReplyDeleteI love every single one of those pictures!! He is so interested in those dinasours! It makes me so excited for when I will get to take my adventurous little man to the zoo someday!
ReplyDeleteEver since I saw that a dino exhibit was coming, I wondered if you had taken Tyler to see it:) So fun. Love the pics. He is growing up!
ReplyDelete