Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 4 - Our Last Full Day in Colorado

On Thursday we split up a little bit. In the morning my mom and I stayed back with Tyler while he napped and everyone else hiked. Then in the afternoon Jeff, Jacob and Carl did some more hiking, while the rest of us went to Old Colorado City for some shopping and ice cream.






Eight years ago, when I was still in college, we came here and Carl got to come with. We went for a hike with Jeff and his girlfriend on that trip and we carved our names into the side of a rock wall up in the mountains. We really never thought we'd find it again, but Jeff and Carl found it on their hike. So later that night Carl and I went back to see it and take another picture. And this time we got to add Tyler's name!

 2004

2012 - Happily married now with a sweet little son. :-)


Adding Tyler's Initials!

I hope some day we can go back and add even more little initials.

 Also, I found a cool slide.

 And this hole. I wanted to sit with my feet dangling in it, but Carl wouldn't let me. It's a long way down.

He let me play in it last time though.

1 comment:

  1. So crazy to think about the last time you guys were out there (2004) and the fact that it was 8 YEARS AGO! Carl's hair was pretty crazy compared to now. :) Pretty cool that you found the same spot you carved your initials then. :)

    ReplyDelete