When I was a teacher, my favorite projects were always the messy ones. I think the messier it is, the more fun they're having. So most of my art projects were pretty messy. But also very fun!
So I was pretty excited about all the fun art projects I would do with Tyler. To be honest I haven't done as many as I thought I would. But now he's at the age where he can really have fun with them. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and I finally thought of it at a good time tonight. So off to messy land we went.
I filled up an old ice cube tray with different color paints, found some paint brushes and cut up a sponger, stripped Tyler down to just a diaper, took the shower curtain and anything else he could reach out of the bathroom and we got started.
Success! Tyler loved this! And I loved that it was in the bathtub so he could just have fun. We will definitely be doing this again.
If you have ever need any rainy day ideas, I have lots! Clearly I cannot garauntee they will be mess-free though. :-)
Oh.my.word. I admire your willingness to get messy. I may be coming to you for rainy day ideas...now just hoping for a rainy day or two on the way;)
ReplyDelete