Sunday, June 24, 2012

Prayer for the Fires

Many of you have probably heard about the fires in Colorado right now. They are pretty out of control and they are actually in the very place I've been writing about. Eagle Lake Bible Camp is nine miles up a canyon from Glen Eyrie and the Nav Headquarters. Right now the fires are in between the them. They have all been evacuated. Last I heard (which was awhile ago) the fire was only a mile from the Glen, moving and spreading quickly. Eagle Lake is actually in the most danger as of now, since that is the direction it is moving. My family also knows many people whose homes have been evacuated in the area.

Please pray for rain to calm the fires and for safety for those nearby. Obviously these places are near and dear to my heart. But more than that, they are places where God does big things. Hundreds of kids go to camp at Eagle Lake each week in the summer. I've been a camper there so I can tell you first hand about the way lives are changed there.

I think these pictures were taken earlier today. I'm not sure when exactly - I stole them from a friend on Facebook!

Glen Eyrie is right behind those rocks

This is Eagle Lake

1 comment:

  1. I believe the firefighters know how awesome this camp is because it's been a huge focus to keep the fire away from it...

    ReplyDelete