I know that I will probably eat these words in about two days. Maybe even two hours. But it is hard to imagine that he could really get into anything more than he does already as a crawler. I mean he's already faster and stronger than me. He already scales up the side of the gate, climbs into dishewashers and climbs up his bookshelf, up the side of chairs and couches, and anything else he can get his footing on. Sometimes when he's walking around the the house holding onto furniture or walls, he moves so fast his feet hardly touch the ground. Yesterday he used his toy bike as a step stool to try to climb up onto the papasan. He didn't make it all the way before I ran across the room and pulled him down, but he probably could have. I know all of you other moms are laughing at me right now, as I say he couldn't possibly get faster, but it is hard to believe that he could!
I'm sure in about a week I will be on here again, writing about just how wrong I was. But for now, I'm holding onto the fact, that he couldn't possibly get faster. At least not yet.
In other news...
Tyler loves the bathroom. Loves it. He likes to watch Carl shave, he likes to to watch me dry my hair, and he loves watching us brush our teeth!. Actually, he likes holding our toothbrushes and "brushing" our teeth for us. Awhile ago I wrote about how Tyler loves to get into Carl's bathroom drawer. We started just always keeping the door shut, so he can't go in there at all. But when I'm getting ready in the morning, drying my hair, or putting make-up on, he always wants to be right there, and he's always getting into trouble.
So now he has his own bathroom drawer that he can play with as much as he wants to, when one of us is there. Now I can put make-up on without holding my knee against the drawer to keep it shut!
Of course, now that the drawer isn't forbidden, he has found other things to get into. Like the next drawer up. So actually, I am ususally still holding a drawer shut with my knee. It's just a different drawer. And now that there are actual toys in his drawer, he has moved further into the bathroom and discovered even more exciting things. Like toilets and toilet paper. I've been holding my breath on that one for a long time. I really can't believe he didn't discover them sooner. I think? it's one of the last things he had to find.
And this is his new toy box. We'd been using a laundry basket for the toys in the living room. This way more fun.
That haircut must make Tyler look older. He looks like a little man in that top picture with the camoflauge shirt on!
ReplyDeleteAw the joys of finding the toilet paper! (Have fun re-rolling....been there!)
ReplyDeleteJacob had that same adorable outfit (the red and gray one) but his was a newborn size so it no longer fits him.