Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Catch-up

For my whole life I have celebrated Christmas in quite a few places in just a couple of days. We usually traveled all over the place for extended family Christmases and had our own a day or two before or after Christmas. When I got married, it added even more traveling and at least one extra Christmas. So it's always been a very busy few days. This year was completely different because of my parent's move to Kansas. We really didn't do much on Christmas Eve. We did some cleaning and a little last minute shopping. Carl even worked for part of the day. Then we had our Christmas together that night, which of course included our Christmas "Thin Pancake" tradition. We argue about what they're called everytime. They're crepes, people. But Carl insists that our kids will like calling them thin pancakes better. So thin pancakes they are I guess. :-)

Carl is a very skilled thin pancake flipper. I am not as skilled at catching it on camera.

The next day we hosted our first Christmas with some of Carl's family. His parents, grandparents and unlce came for a big turkey dinner. And I successfully cooked it all disaster free.



Then, the day after Christmas we headed to Kansas for Christmas with my family. We spent the week playing lots and lots of games and eating lots and lots of food. And I fell in love with a new ice cream place. I would almost drive to Kansas just to go there. Orange Leaf, you are awesome.

I can't believe that next year that little person who is making me look like a balloon will be celebrating his first Christmas with us!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!! Sounds fun. So glad you got to go to Kansas!! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete