Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby Shower!

First of all, my Bible Study is awesome. Last night the other girls threw a joint couples shower for Carl and I and our friends Mike and Brie. And they did such a great job! Awesome food, great friends, funny games and adorable baby gifts. :-) I just have to put up the pictures because everything was so cute! Thank you girls - you know how to throw a great shower!


Such cute diaper cakes! And check out the little tiny diapers all around them :-)


This is how boys entertain themselves at baby showers. They use baby bows to dress like ninjas.

Some time in the next few days I will put up some pictures of our baby room! It's almost done. We just have to get the dresser put together. (Our project for tonight)

Tomorrow and Sunday we have our baby class! People keep asking me if I'm excited. Is it bad that I'm not? I've enjoyed living blissfully unaware of all that goes on during labor and delivery. Tomorrow I have to face the reality of what's actually going to happen in two months. I'm not worried about the actual bringing the baby home and being a mom part. Just the part that happens right before that. You know, the part where a baby who is currently the size of a huge squash and is still supposed to gain 4 - 5 pounds has to get out! Yikes!

3 comments:

  1. I just typed the world's longest comment, and then it didn't work, and now I am depressed.

    I'll try again...here are my thoughts in order of importance:
    1. you are too darn cute
    2. I think it's totally ok to hate baby class. I not only hated it, but completely feared it....we're talking breathe into a paper bag fear. They're totally worth the pain of childbirth, but there HAS to be a better option to get them out, currently, there is not. Trust me, I checked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pics, Kristi! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely be ninjaing it up with those guys if I was there. I'm sure you could have easily made weapons out of some of those gifts! For Adun! (ask carl)

    ReplyDelete