These are the things I love about being pregnant:
1. Maternity pants. I love them1 Maybe I will keep wearing them even after the baby is born. They are awesome.
2. The cute things my kids say at school about it. They are almost constantly rubbing my belly and saying "Baby sleep" or "Gentle with baby" or "Where's your baby?" And now they go up to other people and try to look under their shirts to find babies. (For the record, they do not look under my shirt.) They
also tell me I have babies inside my arms. I'm not sure why, but they think that's a good spot for a
baby.
3. Hearing my baby's heart beating at all my doctor's appointments :-)
4. Feeling him move around and kicking me like a maniac!
5. Getting all of his cute little baby things ready!
Things I do not like about being pregnant:
1. Thinking about actually having the baby. Baby class was not fun on Saturday. I used to think I wanted an epidural the first possible second that I could. Now even getting the pain medication scares me. I mean really, getting my blood pressure taken makes me nervous enough to actually raise it and getting a shot or having blood drawn is always a traumatic experience. So I just don't think about that part and I love everything else about being pregnant.
In addition to spending about 12 hours at childbirth classes this weekend, we also kind of finished the baby room. It's not actually done yet - we have to get a new light, hang some things on the wall and buy the mattress and bedding. And we're looking for a glider and a bookshelf or something. But it's painted and the crib and dresser are up! It's kind of a small room, so it's hard to get a good picture, but here are a couple so you can get the idea. I'll put better ones up later when it's really done.
After the room was set up I was really excited to wash the baby clothes we have so far and get them put away. So I spent Sunday night doing a load of laundry for five hours. Yes, five hours. I ran the load through and when it was done half of the clothes were still dry! So I switched it to a bigger load and washed them again. Half way through my washing maching started dancing - it was literally banging up against the wall. It sounded like people were trying to break my doors down. So I opened it and closed it again and it was still banging around. After a couple of times of doing that it just shut off. And a lot of the clothes were still dry. Then Carl came home and ran an empty load and worked absolutely fine for him. So I put the baby clothes back in and five minutes later it shut off again while it was full of water. Carl got it started again and at midnight we finally put the baby clothes in the dryer and they are now happily put away in the closet and dresser. But we may need a new washing machine! I'm kind of scared to try washing a load our laundry tonight, but hopefully it will work!
I LOVE the furniture. Beautiful color! It is fun to know all the exciting things that are happening. You will do beautifully through having your baby...I know it!
ReplyDeleteI love the baby room! It is adorable! And girl, you need to stop having washing machine problems!! :) So excited for you guys and can't wait to meet the little one!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the room! You guys have done such a great job! So excited to see it in person. The dark furniture looks so great against the color of paint you guys chose. So excited for you! :)
ReplyDeletelove,
Nicole
the room looks great! epidurals rock - have no fear! : )
ReplyDeleteHi Kristy! My sister just told me about your blog, and I wanted to see how your pregnancy was going, so here I am! I just wanted to say that the epidural is a wonderful, wonderful thing. I did not feel a thing when he put it in and I fell immediately in love with the anesthesiologist (just ask Paul :) Good luck with everything! The room looks beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLaura Lundgren