I barely wrote on here at all this summer. Which means I haven't gone through any of my thousands of pictures from summer. But I'm going to take that as a good sign that we had a really fun summer. Which is true. :-) So I decided to just post a few random favorites here. Eventually I will get to fall and where we are now in real life. :-) It's hard to just skip over summer though!
I only posted this because it was only a few months ago and she looks so different already! It's crazy.
This was our first 5K! We did the Stop the Trafficking Walk/Run for Justice. It was so fun to do together. Tyler was so excited to be a part of a race. He had fun running ahead with one of us for short bursts before getting tired and rejoining the walkers. :-) They can't wait to do it again and we hope that we can do it next summer too! It was such a fun way to support an important cause.
Bug catching was a favorite past time this summer. They liked making bug or ant "attracters" to lead them into their cages. :-) I drew the line when they made a line of things leading into the house and called it their ant attracters.
I only had a couple pictures of this but we had a fun day at the zoo with Matt and Janelle!
They love craft time with Daddy. Snow monsters in June? Sure!
Happy Father's Day!
I don't know why I expect to actually get pictures of them all smiling. I can barely even get one to look in the right direction most of the time.
We went out to eat in one of our favorite spots - it's a favorite mostly because of how much the kids love this fountain and the archways that look like a tunnel. Carl and I were sitting on the patio right next to the fountain while Aria finished eating and the boys played by it. Carl asked how often I thought kids fell into fountains. I said it has to happen sometimes but I've never seen it. Right at that second the boys jumped up and started chasing each other around the edge and I said, "Today. It's going to happen today." And moments later I was taking this picture.
He had a lot of fun dramatically posing for these pictures.
We didn't have extra clothes and he didn't want to go home in just his underwear, so this happened. Tyler, I promise I had nothing to do with this. It was all you and your dad's creation! But seriously, best use of a Menards bag ever?
The next night we went to a lake near our house for a picnic. And it's possible that they all jumped into the water and got soaking wet with their clothes on.
Aria screamed through this whole picture because the boys wouldn't let her run back into the water.
This just says a lot about our summer. Lots of time playing in the sunshine followed by worn out kids and great naps!
One of the best parts of summer!
And this. Because who doesn't wish they could wear their underwear like this, right?
It was definitely the most creative way I've seen it worn.
This one happens more often. And their sidekick can't keep herself out of a picture. If she sees them standing for one she sprints across the room yelling, "Cheese!" and jumps right in.
A couple of sweet dates with my boys!
And we played at lots and lots of parks.
This park was a hidden gem we found right at the end of the summer. It is far and away the best park we have been to! We only got to go twice this year. But next year? We're going to live there.
If I was writing this post in winter I might be getting a little depressed looking at all these summer pictures! I really, really love fall and it's still making me a little sad - summer is the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment