Tyler to Carsten: You are just pretending to cough. That means you like coughing. Do you like coughing?! That's incredible! Because I thought no one likes coughing!
Tyler: Counting in the car, up to 160.
Carsten: Repeating every single number. "Aargh! I'm tired of saying numbers!"
Tyler: Pauses for a second and 180.
Carsten: Good job Tyler!! You stopped!!!
Tyler: My mouth needs a little rest.
Carsten: Good job! You stopped!!
Carsten asked for more bread. When I gave him some - "I am so pleased to have this!"
Tyler: Mom, I'm a really old man. And I want to have kids really bad but I'm just so old. And I want to have 90 kids but my house barely even fits 10. I'm just so old and I'm so sad.
Me: On Monday you have your three year old doctor appointment.
Carsten: Yeah, because I am so big. And I will not cry if they shotted me.
Me: If they give you a shot?
Carsten: Yeah. Because they shot me last time. So I will not be sad about that.
Carsten: Can I have a piece of candy like she had?
Me: Well you already had a piece of candy. That would be a lot of sugar.
Carsten: So it would make my brain cells die?
Me: Do you think too much sugar would make your brain cells die?
Carsten: No, the snow made my brain cells die. Sugar will make my brain cells come back.
Carsten "reading" a fortune cookie: So mine says, if you want to go play get back in your chair and ask to be excused.
Carsten: Mine fortune cookie says go to jail. Get some money. Give it to Carsten. Go to jail.
Sometimes Carsten is extra cuddly. Other times he is not. Lately when he is not, he tells me, "No kisses today Sir!"
Tyler: When can I be a grown up so I can watch those little fellows? Because I really want to watch the Smurfs.
Tyler: I told Carsten he can't watch The Smurfs when he's an 18th grader.
Tyler: Why do you get to be the parent? I want to be the parent so I can tell myself it's ok to climb over my bunk bed edge.
Tyler when we were camping and he wanted all the kids to sleep in one bed: We can all be on one cot. Because we have enough skin and bones to make one grown up.
My tabs on my car expired on a Sunday and I had forgotten about them until that weekend. Oops! And on Monday the kids weren't feeling well and we stayed home. So Tuesday we went to renew them. On the way out we walked by a police officer and Tyler said to him, "Our registration was expired for two days. But we just paid for new ones. So it's ok now."
Carsten: When I am in high school and I'm a hero I'm going to be a hero that saves kids and saves people under water.
We were going to meet some friends at a park and when we got there I realized I had left my wallet in a different purse at home. When I said it Tyler said, "Mommy, can we go find a police man and tell him we forgot our driver's license but it was an accident and ask him if it's ok if we just drive home to get it?" Then he started telling every random person we walked by on the way to the beach that we forgot our driver's license today.
Two of my current favorite mispronunciations:
Tyler - Guacamole = Squawkamole
Carsten - Pick-up Trucks = Hick-up Trucks
I don't think there could be two cuter little boys than these. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment