Friday, October 30, 2015

Eight Months (and Seven!)

I sort of feel like fall didn't happen this year. Shouldn't I still have time to go to an orchard and pick apples? It snowed yesterday for crying out loud! :-) Anyway, I was way behind on here when Aria turned seven months. So here are a few (few? Ok, many) pictures from seven and eight months.

She already seems so little in these pictures!






She giggled hysterically through her eight month pictures. It was hard to get good ones because she was too happy. She was all over the place. And there are a lot of them because I failed miserably at narrowing them down. :-)











 

Out Takes (There were many.):

She discovered her headband for these pictures and would not leave it alone.





She also wanted to jump off her chair.

I promise I was ready to catch her at all times. And she did not fall. :-)






At eight months Aria is crawling everywhere, pulling herself up on things and getting into everything. Her favorite room to sneak into is the bathroom. She hasn't noticed the toilet yet, thankfully, because she gets to the bathtub first and is determined to try to climb in. Her favorite thing is her shoes. She plays with them and carries them all around the house. She chews on them and snuggles with them. And one of the two things that always makes her mad is having a shoe taken away from her.

The other thing is being given food. Until a couple weeks ago putting her in her high chair automatically made her upset. The list of foods she liked and didn't like was about like this.

Dislikes: Sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, carrots, pears, apples, oatmeal, bananas, blueberries, avocado, pasta... And anything else she's had that I can't think of.
Likes: Puffs and baby crackers. And apparently carrots with quinoa mixed in?

She wasn't spitting it out or crying at the sight of it anymore. But she was really just kind of tolerating it and not eating much. She's a little better (maybe?) with things like avocados and bananas that are a little chunky. Finally, today she tried peaches and after her first bite she actually started laughing. So two and a half months after starting food, she officially likes one kind of baby food. Crazy girl. She does love her puffs and yogurt melts though. She even signs "more" for them. I think she's just holding out for the good stuff. Like chocolate. She's going to have to wait awhile though. :-)

We just love this girl. She is so sweet and so fun!










No comments:

Post a Comment