Tyler is still our adventure boy. He was made for danger and I'm pretty sure he's part monkey. He loves to climb, run, ride his scooter and do his exercises. (So cute.) He loves building and creating things with blocks, duplos, lincoln logs, tinker toys and anything else he can put together. He is creative, funny and a complete sweet heart. He is such a loving and kind little boy. If he hears me say "ow" (which may or may not happen a lot) he comes running from anywhere in the house to give me a kiss and make sure I'm ok. He is my little protector and I'm so thankful that his little sister has a such a loving and protective big brother. He loves to snuggle up to read books and he is quick to say I love you.
I am so blessed and thankful that God chose me to be this little boy's mom. He brings us so much joy!
Tyler has been looking forward to his birthday for so long. He's been telling everyone that he is almost four. Carl was home from work on Thursday and we got to spend the whole day together celebrating Tyler's birthday.
It started with running out of his room through birthday streamers. Then we had chocolate chip birthday pancakes for breakfast.
Tyler has been begging to go to Red Lobster since before Thanksgiving and we keep telling him that would be fun to do sometime. So we thought it would be the perfect birthday lunch.
He even got a birthday card and a little bowl of whipped cream from the servers who sang to him.
And if that wasn't enough, he also got to touch a real lobster. He would not stand by it for a picture though - apparently standing next to it is scarier than actually touching it. I don't really blame him for not wanting to get to close to it though - you couldn't have paid me to touch that thing!
Tyler has worked really hard saving money for the last few months and finally saved up enough to buy "Planes" earlier this week. So for dinner we made pizza bagels and ate downstairs while we watched his new movie!
Then we went upstairs to open gifts. He was a little excited and started without us.
Tyler had a construction birthday party last year. I basically had to talk him into that and convince him it would be cool. But he loved it so much, he wanted the same thing this year. He was very specific about wanting a construction cake with trucks and worms. So I spent a very long time putting this cake together. I have made this cake recipe twice before. Once it worked perfectly and the second time it fell apart coming out of the pans. So I took a risk to make it again because it is the most delicious cake I've ever eaten. I made four layers just in case some fell apart. Unfortunately all four cakes fell apart. So I worked and worked and worked to make this look presentable. The inside is uneven and crazy and held together by huge amounts of frosting with random pieces of cakes filling in gaps where the cakes were broken. It was ridiculous. Then when Tyler woke up from his nap and saw it, he informed me that what he wanted was cake in a cup. Apparently he wanted dirt cake. So after all that work, he put his cake in a bowl and mashed it all up to make dirt cake. :-)
He did still love his cake and was very excited to blow out his candles, even though it wasn't dirt cake.
After his cake we had one last surprise for him. A scavenger hunt!
He absolutely loved it. It was so fun to see how excited he was to find each clue.
And the last clue led him to his brand new bike!!
(How do I have a child old enough for a real bike?!)
He was a little nervous to ride it, but with a little practice, he's going to be flying around on that thing.
We love this sweet boy.
Happy fourth birthday Tyler!
No comments:
Post a Comment