Tuesday, September 24, 2013

When Crazy Explodes

We decided to replace our carpet back in July. We knew there were hardwood floors underneath but after seeing how nice they were, we decided not to get new carpet, but to refinish the floors instead. We had to wait two months before some one was able to do it for us, but we finally got it done last week. Yay! But not without a whole lot of crazy. Last Monday Carl and I had to move all of our furniture out of our upstairs. Of course that was the night that my 12 hour sleeper baby decided not to sleep at all. So while I rocked and put Carsten to bed a thousand times, Carl had to do most of the work himself. Finally at 1:30 in the morning I took Carsten for a drive to get him to sleep and then I could help Carl until 3:30 when we were finally done. Yikes! We had to be out of the house while this was all done so the next day Carl went to work and I checked into a hotel with the boys. We had a three day mini-vacation! It was actually a lot of fun, and very relaxing. We got to go swimming every night and I didn't have to worry about cooking or cleaning or laundry. And I could completely forget about the disaster zone waiting for us at home.

These two scare me.

Getting ready for his first swim!

He was born to swim.

He loved it!
Not surprising. I need a raincoat to give him a bath because loves splashing so much.

They don't look that happy, but they really were having a great time!
 
They slept like this for almost an hour. Hotel living is exhausting!

When we checked out of the hotel on Friday we had nowhere to go until bed time. So we headed to the Children's Museum in hopes that they would nap on the way to St. Paul. It worked. :-)

Tyler is really into construction right now. So operating the crane was very exciting!

He also loved the water. He was soaked!

It's funny how you can have a pretty relaxing few days and then turn into a complete stressball by walking into your own home. But that's what happens when your house looks like this!

 
All of our furniture was (is) in the garage. Everything else from our upstairs, including everything from all of the closets, was pretty much right here and in the laundry room. It started a little more organized than this, but when you have a two year old pretending all the piles of clothes and towels are horses, they don't stay in piles very long. For five days Carl and Tyler slept in the guest room and Carsten and I slept in the family room. See that blue thing buried in the middle? That was my bed. :-) Tonight we finally get to sleep in our own rooms. Hopefully tomorrow we will get the couches back into the living room!
 
But the finished product makes it all worth it. I think. :-)  They turned out beautifully!
 

Now we just need to get the trim put back on. Oh yes, and furniture. I miss sitting down. But we are almost done and that is very exciting!

1 comment: