Carsten
Oh, what a sweetie. Carsten was four months old last week! He is my fabulous little sleeper. He sleeps 11-12 hours straight every night. He is also a little snuggler. He is very insistent on being rocked to sleep for his naps, But when he is awake he is getting much less cuddly. He wants to stand all the time. Today I was holding his hands while he stood on the floor and he actually took steps forward. Yes, that's right. My four month old is trying to walk. I though Carsten was more mellow and calm then Tyler. But I was wrong. I am realizing that my babies don't like being babies. They just want to move and go places! Active is the only way we make them. And I love that. But could you slow down a little bit Carsten? I like you little!
At his four month appointment last week Carsten was 13 lbs. 7 oz. (25 percentile). I don't have my paper in front of me so I will have to add the measurements in later. But he was 95th percentile for height and 75th for head size.
My favorite thing about Carsten is how ridiculously happy he is. He is almost always happy. No matter what. At his check-up he laughed the whole time. His doctor couldn't finish her sentences because she couldn't stop laughing at his non-stop giggling. And when they came in to give him his shots, he laughed hysterically through the first two! The third poke was less funny and he really cried on the fourth. But seriously, who laughs through shots?! When Tyler is getting too rough with Carsten and I tell him he's going to hurt him, Carsten laughs or smiles just to prove me wrong. He doesn't really help me help him.
Carsten's favorite things (besides standing - he would be content doing only that all day long) are his small little stuffed tiger, his play gym, toys that jingle or rattle, chewing on his hands, or anything else, and blankets. He loves having a blanket available to snuggle with, chew on, play with and spit up all over!
I love this boy.
Oh, the laughter he brings us. Tyler has the biggest imagination in the whole world. I could never begin to remember all of the imaginative things he says and does. But here are a couple of the big ones. He has an imaginary deer. His deer goes with him everywhere. He used to have a goat and a wolf too, but they disappeared a few weeks ago. The deer has stuck by his side though. His deer gets him in a lot of trouble. Almost every time Tyler does something he shouldn't, he blames it on his deer. He had to go outside without asking, because his deer was out there. He can't do what I'm telling him to because his deer is hungry. He had to be getting into things in the cabinet because his deer needed a plate. He had to come out of his bed when he should be sleeping because his deer is in the living room. He had to run in the opposite direction because he had to get his deer (who is of course, running in the opposite direction). It goes on and on every hour of every day. :-)
There was one time when he went outside without asking and he blamed it on Jesus. Apparently Jesus was outside so he "just needed to go outside to check on him." I guess I can't blame him. I would want to check on Jesus too if I thought he was in my driveway.
He also has an orange car. That he parks in our driveway. He drives his orange car to work everyday. And when he's at work he works with hammers, screwdrivers, horses and pokey things. Sometimes when we're driving he points out the building that he works in.
But my very favorite thing right now is all of his secrets. He tells us lots of secrets everyday. Sometimes they become another way to stall at bedtime, but we love them anyway. It started when I told him I loved him a million m&m's awhile back. Then Carl got jealous and tried to outdo me by loving him a million dinosaurs or some such nonsense. But now Tyler tells us secrets, and they are fabulous. He puts his face right up next to ours and whispers things like, "I love you a million, million, million, million, million... cows." Or cars. Or turtles. Or waterparks. Or hotels. Or whatever else pops into his little brain. It is the absolute best.
Last week this was his prayer at lunch one day, "Dear God, I love you a million yogurts, I love you a million plates, I love you a million Jesus', I love you a million Amens. Amen!
Oh, and he called me Super Woman today. :-)
I love this boy too. :-)
It's getting hard to find pictures of just one of them! Tyler photo bombs just about every picture I take of Carsten. And he moves so quickly it's hard to catch good ones of him!
I can't believe how big they both are. Can't wait to see you on Saturday!
ReplyDeleteWOW! I was talking to my mom the other day and re-telling her how though Tyler is only 1 month older than Ellie, he started walking about 1 YEAR before her! I told her I'm just waiting for Carsten to start walking (as Josie isn't crawling yet). Looks like I wasn't too far off! :) Seriously, it's ridciulous how differnet our children are. Although opposites do attract, right? :) They are both precious and sound SO SO FUN!
ReplyDelete