He had his two month check-up on Monday and he is doing great. He is 11 lbs. 10 oz. (25-50 percentile), and 23 inches (50th percentile). His shots were of course, not fun at all. I've never heard him cry so loud before. He almost made me cry. And he did make Tyler cry. Carsten recovered right away like such a little champ. But I think the shots were as hard on his big brother as they were on him. I had been prepping Tyler and explaining to him what shots were and why Carsten needed them, warning him that he would cry from them. But when he heard that baby scream it really scared him. :-(
Carsten is my sweet little snuggler. He is a very good, happy, content baby. He is a great eater and a great sleeper and he loves to snuggle up close. I love that about him. :-) While he is very happy almost all the time, he is also very particular. He really only cries when he's tired or hungry. But if he's tired, he wants to be put to sleep one very specific way. There is one right way to hold him. And a lot of wrong ways. He needs his head snuggled into an elbow, with the other hand patting his bottom. He would really prefer it if I had a third arm, because he also wants me to hold his hand. It's hard to do all three at once, but it is possible. Lucky for him. Thankfully, Carl and I have figured this technique out, but if he's left with anyone else, they might need to go through a little training.
Right now Carsten is starting to like his play gym he loved he bumbo when I tried it with him today. He was so happy to sit in it, smiling more than ever! And his very favorite thing is baths. Tyler liked baths too, but I think Carsten is a true water baby. He discovered the art of splashing yesterday and my entire kitchen was soaked. I had caramel bars cooling nearby and I had to move them and cover them - they narrowly missed being doused with water. I actually might consider wearing a raincoat next time. It was ridiculous. But also completely adorable.
Carsten might be the toughest baby around. His brother loves him so much, and he handles it with class. And usually patience.
This one was right after Tyler got a little confused about who was bigger and tried to sit on Carsten's lap. Carsten is lucky I'm quick. (No babies were harmed in the taking of these pictures.)
Carsten, you are such a sweet little boy. I love seeing your little personality develop and I can't even describe how your little smile melts my heart. We all love you so much!
Oh, and yep. They still look a little bit alike.
No comments:
Post a Comment