Tuesday, January 8, 2013

It's Finally January 8!

I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I have been soooo excited to see our precious baby and find out if we're having another boy or a girl.

 
 
These pictures were fun. Tyler is very good at smiling and saying cheese right away. The problem is he only does it for about .02 seconds before he is off and running again. So it is extremely difficult to get him to sit still for a picture. But M&M's were involved this time so he was a little cheeseball. He loved making this face. In fact, he was pretty proud of it. Everytime he sees the signs he makes the face.

 
 
We are all very excited to be meeting another sweet little boy in a few months! I can only imagine the things Tyler will teach him. :-) At the moment, Tyler thinks the baby lives in a TV screen at the doctor, but eventually, when he meets him, I know he is going to be so excited to have a little brother!
 
We took these pictures last night, before we knew if it was a boy or a girl, so we did a sister sign too. I'm really glad he's smiling in this one, so at least he does look happy about a brother. But the sister ones were the best. I did them last and he was starting to get restless so I suggested we both yell as loud as we could. It worked like a charm. He had the best smiles and looked sooooo excited about having a sister. I should have saved the brother sign for last I guess! Of course today, after all of the encouraged yelling, he has enjoyed showing people how he yelled as loud as he could. :-)
 
And when he woke up this morning, he ran straight out to his little chair, sat down, made that cute little face and asked for M&M's. I guess we know what works!
 
With Tyler we just had the normal, black and white ultrasound and got really not good pictures printed. This time around we were surprised and excited to find out that they got new machines and we got to have it in 3D as well. It was so amazing to be able to see the baby's teeny, tiny features. He looks so real! :-)


 

We loved watching our baby move around, but I think he was a little less enthusiastic about being watched. I remember thinking it was crazy how much Tyler was moving, when I really couldn't feel any of it. But this little guy wanted out! He was not a big fan of being poked and he kept trying to bat the wand out of the way. He had pretty amazing aim too! It was really fun to be able to actually watch what I was feeling! I love this picture because when he wasn't swinging his arms at my tummy, he would settle back in and cover his ears. I think he was trying to block us out. My guess is that he will probably continue to do that when he comes home to his always very enthusiastic big brother! He will probably be born knowing how to say "Hi!" in a high pitched sing-songy voice because he hears it about 47 million times a day.  :-) I can't wait to see these boys play together and become best little friends.

We are feeling so thankful and so blessed for a healthy baby boy. He is already so very loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment