Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Bernardy Style

On the Sunday before Christmas we got up early to finish packing, ate breakfast and headed off for a week in Kansas. I am always a little nervous about how Tyler will do on long car trips, so I stocked up on some dollar store fun stuff and hoped for the best. We got him pretty excited before we left and he was as happy as could be to get in the car, shouting, "Road trip" all the way out the door. He was amazing all day long. We planned a lunch stop at a mall with an awesome play place in Iowa so Tyler could run around. And he even took a great nap in the car. I cannot count how many songs we sang, or how many times we listened to "I Love My Lips", but we had a happy little guy all the way there.

We all came on different days, but the whole family was able to be there at the same time for a few days. Tyler loved seeing my sister's dog again and he met his first kitten. We played LOTS of games and had a great time.

This was by far his favorite dollar store surprise!  :-)

Santa drinking his milk.

My little sweetie.

Our escape artist made meal times interesting.
 
The whole family.
 
Our family. :-)
 
So excited about his new football!
 
One of Tyler's favorite things to do at Grandma and Grandpa's house!

"Touchdown!" A little blurry, but I love it.

Our mandatory trip to Orange Leaf for ice cream.

Hanging out with Uncle Jeff at his new table! 

And then there are these two.
 
Tyler puts up with a lot.
 
Can you tell he had a fun and busy week? This is not normal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment