So at nap time I read him lots of books, hoping he would be really good and calm. I layed him down and left. I had to go in one time to lay him back down, but after that he was very quiet and I thought he actually fell asleep on his own.
If you've been wondering if naps have been going any better, this is what I usually find when I go in:
(This was actually taken a few nights ago, an hour and a half after he went to bed!)
But yesterday I found this:
Yep. That's a whole, full box of wipes emptied on his lap. He pushed his rocking horse over to his dresser and pulled it down. Then pulled every single wipe out and crumpled it up. If I know my son, he probably washed his hands and face with each one until he fell asleep. I found him soaking wet from the ankles, half way up his shirt, and sleeping sitting up on a completely drenched sheet.
Is it sad that I consider this a great victory? Yes, he emptied a whole box of wipes in his bed, and yes, I forgot to lock the closet and he pulled out every blanket and stuffed animal he owns. But he went to sleep all by himself!!!! Unfortunately the trend did not continue today. In fact, I had to go to in and help him fall asleep again. But this time, instead of just telling me to leave his room (pointing and saying, "Mommy, door.") he told me to go to work! Sorry Baby, I am at work. :-)
While he was sleeping so soundly, I made a cake for my MOPS meeting that night. I was just finishing the frosting when he woke up. I turned around to put the vanilla away and looked back just in time to see him dumping a whole container of cocoa powder into the powdered sugar. He looked so pleased with himself. He just kept working, putting the covers back on for me and everything.
Thanks Sweetie, I know you were trying to help. :-)
We finished the afternoon with a nice, calm art project. He was so excited about glue! He talked about it all day. He couldn't wait for this moment.
Has anyone else noticed that he doesn't look like a baby anymore? Did I blink?
Thanks for giving me a glimpse into my future...I read your older posts from when he was Link's age, and they do about the same things - constantly busy, will climb anything (and will find anything to help him climb something) and basically fearless (except standing by himself...that's scary stuff!). Through you, I'll make it :) And maybe be prepared.
ReplyDelete