Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fire Day!

Today Carl was going fishing with some friends from work. After all the extra time he's had to put in at work lately, it was nice that he could get a relaxing day away. But that meant Tyler and I had a free Saturday and no plans. 

Then I remembered that I had seen a sign for the fire department house. Yay!

So we headed over there. Tyler got to sit in two firetrucks and a helicopter and spray a fire hose! And we got free lunch. He had lots of fun! Although I had a really hard time getting good pictures. He was loving it, but a little apprehensive about doing things by himself. So everytime I tried to step back to take a picture the smiles stopped.

These are the best I have.

He really did help spray the cute little house. But he was done as soon as I got the camera out. He said "Daddy" over and over again while he was spraying it because he always helps Carl water the plants outside our house. Everytime we've talked about the big fire hose today he says "Ssssss." Like the water spraying. :-)


Driving a fire truck!

Cute little firefighter

First time in a helicopter!

This was after the elastic on his fire hat snapped his chin. He was a little done with pictures after that. I just love the look on his face in this picture! He looks like he's disgusted with me. But I think it's with pictures. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :-)

Loving his chips!


Carl is a little jealous that he missed this awesome day.

Afterwards we came home for a quick nap before a house showing. Carl got done just as we were leaving the house for the showing, so he met us at Caribou. Tyler has never played here before, but he loved it! We were there for an hour, but I think he would have stayed much longer.




Now I'm just wondering why he never plays in one place this long at our house!

2 comments:

  1. Way fun!! Ellie loves to imitate noises now too... whether it be the mixer or the beep on the stove or the puppy she hears outside. I feel like they are at such a fun age where they are learning new things ALL the time!!! :) Looks like a very fun day, I'm sure Carl is bummed he missed out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a fun day!! B would have loved it - wish we lived closer so our boys could cause mischif together! : )

    ReplyDelete