Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Day After Valentine's Day!

I love Valentine's Day. I think it's a little cheesy, but I like cheesy.


Yesterday I spent a lot of my day getting ready for Valentine's Day. I would have tried to get ready earlier, but last week Tyler chose not to believe in naps and I didn't get much of anything done. So yesterday I made my gift to Carl, and Tyler's gift to Carl. So I spent every last second of nap times, cutting and gluing.

This was Tyler's:


And this is how we accomplished it:



A big thank you goes out to Pepperidge Farm and the creator of Baby Goldfish Crackers, for making this project possible.

When Carl got home from work, our plan was to get a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's (because we love cheesy!), watch a movie and eat Red Velvet Cheesecake.

Unfortunately, we decided to wait until Tyler went to bed to eat our pizza. Carl got to Papa Murphy's at 8:15 only to find out that they close at 8. What?! Who knew? I was slightly disappointed about the loss of our heart shaped pizza. I had actually been pretty excited about it. But thankfully, Jets Pizza (our absolute FAVORITE) saved Valentine's Day with amazing (although not heart shaped) pizza.

And the cheesecake was delicious.

Annnd, I got beautiful flowers and chocolate from my super amazing husband.

Now, just because I always think my attempts at taking pictures of Tyler are funny,  this what it took to get that first picture of him. I had this really cute idea in my head of how cute he was going to be with all of the cut out hearts. It didn't really go as planned. He started fully dressed. At one point he was down to just a diaper and he ended in his onesie.









3 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! :) Love the project. I've surprised myself in doing like zero projects with Ellie. YIKES! I've decided it's okay if we wait for that sort of thing until she's a year, right??? :) I think I need to come visit you and get your help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. Those are really amazing footprints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and fun. I love Valentine's Day too...and I got flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete