Thursday, February 16, 2012

Adventures In Nap Land

Tyler is generally a good napper. He takes two naps that are about an hour and a half each. Give or take a bit. His afternoon one is often closer to two hours. He has his days or weeks where he gets really off, but for the most part, that is his schedule.

For the past two weeks, he has been trying to confuse me. For several days he just skipped naps. Naps that he needed. There was one day that he didn't take any naps at all! The boy has got determination. Then after a few days, he realized he needed his naps and got back to normal. Now this week, he has decided his crib is really more of a play pen than a place to sleep. Every day this week, for at least one of his naps, but usually both, he spends the first 45 minutes in his crib talking, squealing, laughing, growling and barking. Yep, Carl taught him to bark like a puppy. After 40 - 45 minutes of playing and having a great time, he starts screaming at the top of his lungs. Because usually by this point he is finally realizing that he's tired, but he's thrown his entire entourage overboard. His entourage includes a puppy, a tiger, a blue teddy bear, his sleep sheep, his socks, and three pacifiers. So I go in and put everything back in his crib and his socks back on his feet, lay him back down and he falls asleep within seconds. Yesterday when I went in there, he had thrown all of those things out, and his pants!

A couple of days ago when I went in there I noticed this:


In case you can't tell, they are tiny teeth marks. And they are all over the inside of his crib. I asked my mom if we used to chew on furniture and she said, "That's why we can't use lead paint."

Ok, so these are my old thoughts on lead paint. I understand that it's not safe for kids, so obviously no one should use it, just in case. But what kind of child eats paint?

Well folks, I think I have my answer. My kind of child does.

My new thoughts on lead paint? Keep that horrible stuff away from my baby! Don't let him anywhere near it. He will eat it, lick it, suck on it and scrape it off with his three tiny teeth/very efficient paint scrapers!

What a boy.

(Yes, he is trying to climb over the gate while chewing on it.)

Oh, Tyler. I love you, you sweet little trouble maker.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha. Don't know if I should laugh or cry, only because I know the feeling of a no-napper, and it can be kinda miserable. Clara went.a.stretch of 6 or 7 months when she didn't take a nap. ugh. I am really starting to see similarities between our kids. Maybe they talk about these things in Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does he keep getting cuter every time I see him and hear about him. Oh Tyler :) Take those naps so your mom can have energy to play with you!! :)

    ReplyDelete