Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trick or Treat?

I'm not a big Halloween fan, but I do love all the cute little costumes, carving pumpkins, and the excuse to buy a whole bag of tiny boxes of nerds.

This year, for Tyler's first Halloween, I found him a costume (still in the package) for 25 cents at a garage sale back in May. Score! Since he's a little on the tall side, it was a little small for him, but I was determined to make it work. He wasn't going to wear it that long anyway.

Every year at Carl's work they open the building up to families of the employees to come and trick or treat. So even though Tyler isn't exactly ready for candy, it was a great excuse to go visit Carl at work. He enjoyed chewing on a Milky Way, still in the wrapper while we walked around.


On Saturday we went to the Minnetonka Orchards to begin our search for the perfect pumpkins. We went on a hay ride, looked at farm animals, ate delicious apple donuts, drank hot cider and went through a corn maze. Super fun! Tyler slept through the corn maze, but after that he woke up and really liked it!








Then finally, on Monday, we carved our pumpkins. The only difference this year was that a third member was added to our little pumpkin family (and ours!).


Our sweet little bee
Playing with pumpkin guts!


The finished products
Calm down everyone, I was ducked down
behind him. He wasn't going to fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment