Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Laugh In the Face of Danger!

If Tyler could talk, I'm pretty sure that would be his motto. I think my most commonly used phrases these days are, "Be careful Tyler," and "That's not safe!"  To which he always responds by laughing and continuing on.

These are Tyler's top 3 favorite activities:

1. Climbing on whatever he happens to be leaning on.

2. Pulling himself up to whatever he is next to. His favorite place to stand up is in his crib. He likes leaning against the rail and bouncing. Usually without holding on. His other favorite is the coffee table where he moves along the edge, banging on it and throwing things on the floor.

3. Riding on Carl's shoulders. Without holding on.

4. Hanging upside down.

5. If none of those options are available, he will look for the least safe thing in the room and gravitate towards it.

Notice a trend? He also enjoys climbing over the front of his new rocking toy, and dipping his face in the bathtub water. He's not even fully crawling or walking yet (although he can get anywhere he wants quickly with his mad army crawl skills) and I already can't leave him alone for a second. Yesterday I was in the bathroom putting make-up on for a few minutes and could hear him playing the whole time. But when I came out he had moved all the way across the room and was standing up at the entertainment center, holding onto his walker with one hand and reaching for TV buttons with the other. I have a feeling that I will never be bored chasing this child around.   :-)

Welcome to a day in the life of Tyler!







No comments:

Post a Comment