Maybe. Last week I took Tyler to Kansas to visit my Dad, Mom and sister. Carl couldn't come because he had to be at work. He also spent the weekend painting our bedroom while Tyler was out of the house. I was a little nervous taking an 8 week old baby on a plane by myself. I was afraid his little ears would pop and he would cry and make people around us mad. But he was amazing! I can actually say it was a very easy trip. Tyler slept through take off and then was happy as could be when he woke up. He even had a nice little baby conversation with the guy sitting next to us. On the way home he slept through the entire flight. It was a little tricky getting through security with an infant, a carry-on suitcase, diaper bag, stroller and car seat by myself, but I learned that most people are pretty patient and kind when cute babies are involved. Thank goodness, because it took me awhile to get him out of the car seat and fold up the stroller to send it through the little scanner thing. But it all went very smoothly!
While we were in Kansas we also drove with my family to Iowa City for my cousin's graduation party. So Tyler had to go on a 7 hour car ride (more like 10 with all our stops). He did really well with that too. He was definitely sick of his car seat by the end though. Then he stayed in his first hotel and I took him swimming for the first time. It was a pretty big weekend for such a little guy! But he is so easy going and happy that it all went really well.
We had a great time with my parents and Emma while we were there. It was great to see them and I'm really glade Tyler got to spend some time with his grandparents and his aunt.
The only downside of our trip was that my camera got lost at the Kansas City airport on the way home. It just made me sick to have lost so many pictures of my sweet baby. But thankfully my sister had taken a lot of pictures and made a CD for me. And I had a lot of them on my computer already. However,
I got home and my computer was broken! Last night Carl spent a couple of hours working on it and was able to get all my pictures off the hard drive, but I think the computer is toast. Carl's CD drive is broken so I can't put pictures up yet, but as soon as I can I will put up pictures of the big trip and Tyler's first swimming experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment