Warning: This part could get sappy.
My Mother's Day was amazing. It started in the middle of the night when Carl gave Tyler a bottle so I could sleep. Never has 6 hours of sleep felt so amazing! Then I woke up to my boys bringing me breakfast in bed. French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon and apple juice. I loved the breakfast, but the best part was watching Tyler sitting in his boppy on the bed just staring and smiling at me while I ate. LOVED it!
My beautiful Mother's Day flowers!
Mother's Day was an amazing day for me. I wanted a baby for so long and it was hard to wait sometimes, but now that I have Tyler I understand more than ever that God's timing is perfect and I wouldn't change a single thing about my life. I may have had to wait longer than I would have liked, but it was absolutely worth it to end up with Tyler. I know that God knew what he was doing and gave him to us at exactly the right time. And he is a very loved little boy. He's been hoped for and dreamed of and prayed for, for a very long time! This is Carl's last week of his master's program. I decided that I think God gave us Tyler a little while before he finished the program so that I would understand why we didn't have a baby during the program. I'm fine being on my own with Tyler in the evenings, but it's hard for Carl to be so busy that he hardly sees him. And it's hard for me to get everything done around the house by myself while Carl is off studying and at class all the time. I could handle it for this past 6 weeks, but his program was three years long and that would have gotten old! I am SO excited for tomorrow when we can say that he is finally done with school!
Ok I rambled a little. But what I was getting at is that I didn't need anything for Mother's Day. The most amazing gift in the world was sitting right in front of me and I get to hold him and cuddle him and love him everyday and I am thankful beyond words for that. I'm not going to lie, I cried a few times on Sunday just thinking about how lucky I am and how thankful I am that God chose us to be Tyler's parents.
Psalm 139:12-14 has never been more meaningful to me:
"For you created my inmost being: you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
I look at Tyler and I think of the way God designed him individually and perfectly. There is no one like him and there is no one that would have been a more perfect fit for our family. I look at his hands and his feet and his cute little face and my heart melts. I've said this before, but I don't know how anyone can feel a baby growing inside of them and then later look at their baby, a whole little person that was so perfectly made, and not believe there's a God. That can't just happen. Tyler was fearfully and wonderfully made by God. I thank Him every single day for the incredible gift that he's given us. And I just pray that we can be great parents to him and raise him to know and love God with all his heart. He has given us an incredible responsibility and I just hope that we can live up to it and be everything that Tyler needs us to be for him.
Tyler wasn't a fan of the Mother's Day Family Picture Session
So we tried again after church. He's more cooperative when he's sleeping.
My little Mother's Day present :-)
This one has nothing to do with Mother's Day. I just like him in his cute little hat.
Yeah...he opened his eyes for one picture! :) Thanks for a great post. See you are motivating me to want a baby.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Kristi! Thanks for allowing God to use you to remind us that God's timing is completely and utterly perfect. :) You already are a great mom!
ReplyDelete