Friday, May 6, 2011

Life At Home

I have been wanting to get on here and write something for awhile now, but I keep getting distracted and forgetting to do it. I'm not going to lie, it's a little easier to do it when Carl is home so that I can finish in one sitting and not lose my thoughts. But when he gets home I usually forget about it. Not tonight though! Carl is enjoying some Daddy and Son time and in just a little bit he's going to try to give Tyler his first bottle. And then we're grilling out. Because it's finally nice out!!

I kind of wondered what I would do with all my time when I stayed home with a baby. I mean I knew that I would be busy taking care of the baby, but I wondered if I would be at home a lot or out and about. But now I know. I love going places with him. We like to go to the mall and take walks, and this week we've gone to lots of garage sales together. Tyler isn't a huge fan of the garage sales because he has to get in and out of the car a lot and it interrupts his sleep. But he puts up with them pretty well. He lets out some loud cries and gives me his best grumpy face every time I take him out or put him in the car but then he gets over it and is a little charmer for everyone he sees at the garage sales.

I am amazed at how quickly Tyler is changing already! I just love watching him learning and growing. It's so fun to see him start to notice things giong on around him. A couple weeks ago he started to like watching the mobile in his pack & play. So last weekend we bought him a play gym and I was so excited to get it set up for him. I was so sure he was just going to love it. So Monday morning I got it all set up and layed him down under it and then watched as he stared in wide eyed wonder right past all of the cool toys hanging down, to more exciting things...like the wall. And the ceiling.  It was still cute, but he wasn't nearly as impressed with his new toy as I was. But I kept putting him under once in awhile and then on Wednesday while he layed there I heard a rattle. So I turned around and he was hitting the little octopus over and over with his hand and watching it swing back and forth. I was so proud of him. It's amazing how something so simple can be so exciting. But over the last few days it hasn't gotten old watching him play under it and smile and make cute little noises while he hits the same octopus over and over again. He also started to notice himself in the mirror on it and he likes to stare at himself in it. He's still not into his wrist rattles or really any other toy. But he loves his play gym! And he has officially marked his territory by spitting up all over it multiple times.

What else is Tyler up to? He was 9 pounds at his doctor appointment almost 2 weeks ago. He's 22 inches long. He discovered his tongue last week. He sits there and sticks it in and out of his mouth over and over again like a cute little frog. He can roll over! He actually rolled over for the first time when he was 2 weeks old. But he has to be really mad to do it. He HATES being on his tummy (although he's starting to tolerate it more). So if he's laying on his tummy and he gets mad enough he flips himself right over. Sometimes when he lays there he pushes back with his feet so fast that it looks  like he could almost crawl away. It's pretty funny to watch. I hope that doesn't make me sound mean...

In other, none baby related news, this was Carl's last week of class. He has his finals next week and then he graduates and will be done with school forever! And he will officially have his masters in financial mathematics. We are both VERY excited for his last day.

 Taking a break to pose for the camera

 Tyler loves reading stories!

 "Mommy says it's good for me to lay on my tummy sometimes, but I hate it! I'd rather have a flat head."

 Tired out after a long walk. It's tough work getting pushed in a stroller!

Already a little flirt...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I think of you often. Looks like you are having lots of fun...and he is getting bigger already!

    ReplyDelete