Wednesday, May 11, 2011

6 Weeks Baby!

Tyler was six weeks old on Saturday. Hard to believe! I have definitely not been wishing away the days - I love him being so little. But I have really been looking forward to the six week mark. Because six weeks is when I finally am done with the c-section recovery restrictions. Yesterday was my six week appointment and now I can do whatever I want. I'll have to ease into some things, but there are no more restrictions and that makes me very happy. It made me so happy that after we got home from the doctor Tyler and I took a celebratory walk to Caribou for a Caramel Cooler and it was wonderful.

When I was at the doctor I had just a few questions. Like how do you ease into excersing when your abs have been out of commission for so long? After my surgery they told me "Don't lift anything other than the baby and don't use your abs." So after 6 weeks of trying not to use them and 9 months of them being hidden somewhere around the baby, they are quite weak, squishy and useless. Any excersice tips would be appreciated. All my work out videos are pretty intense so for now it's just the eliptical machine. I'm in a wedding this fall and I am determined to be back to normal. It would be nice if I could be close by the time I get fitted for my dress. So that's the goal.

Ok so this got longer than I meant it to. I really just wanted to excitedly tell everyone that I can carry Tyler in his carseat now and I can carry laundry up and down the stairs and I can stop feeling like I'm pushing it when I lift his stroller in and out of the car! Oh, the simple joys in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment