Monday, March 7, 2011

So Many Things

I've wanted to write on here for awhile, but life has been CRAZY! We've had so many fun things going on that this could take awhile. First, a couple weekends ago, my friend Sarah came all the way here from Appleton to throw me a baby shower. She put it all together, made all the food and did everything herself. She's amazing! The shower was really fun and I'm so thankful for all she did and for her great friendship.


Then later that week was Carl's birthday, which he happened to be sick for. Not fun. So instead of going to work and class for his birthday, he sat at home miserable for his birthday. But after days of feeling sick, he was finally feeling better the next day for Coldstone Cake at Bible Study! We didn't actually have time to celebrate his birthday together until a week and a half later when we went mini golfing and then to Coldstone.

The next weekend we drove to Platteville for another baby shower. This one was for our good friends Katie and Noah. I'll admit I was a little nervous about driving that far only 4 weeks from my due date, but the car ride was more comfortable than I expected it to be and we had a great time. It was totally worth it! They live in Illinois so this is the only time we got to see them while Katie and I were both pregnant. And next time we see each other we will both have babies! So crazy!

Normally parent-teacher conferences are in April, but since I'm leaving before then, I did all of mine last week. I love conferences! I think they are so fun, but they are a lot of work. So I basically didn't have a life at all while I got ready for them and then I had them after work from 4-6 everyday last week.

This past weekend we celebrated our 5th Anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long, but at the same time, it feels like we've been married forever. Usually for our Anniversary we get away and do something fun for the weekend. This year, we did not. We were a little more lazy. Friday (our actual anniversary) we got a Papa Murphy's pizza and watched a movie together. And with how busy we've both been lately, it was the perfect way to spend it. We finally just got to relax together! And then Saturday we were deciding between going out to dinner or going to a movie. A movie won because who knows when the next time we'll do that is. We can always bring a baby to dinner, but not to a movie.

Now that my due date is only 3 weeks away, I am starting to get into crazy mode. I spent a frenzied weekend rearranging the baby's room, washing baby clothes, and shopping for the baby. I am starting to generate huge lists in my head of all the things I want to get done around here in the next 3 weeks. And then I think, what if the baby comes early? When will I have time to organize my kitchen cabinets?

This is my last week of work (sad!) and then I will have 2 weeks at home before my due date. Plenty of time to re-organize my freezer. Unless of course he comes early. Which, by the way, I would really not complain about. It just makes me freak out a little more right now about all I have to do before then.

I am completely, 100% excited about the fact that I get to be a stay at home mom now. It's always been my dream and I am so thankful that I am able to do it. That being said, I absolutely love my job. I get really attatched to the kids in my classes, and I have great relationships with so many familes from the past four years, so it is really hard to think about leaving. This week I'll be staying late to clear things out of my classroom most days and I'm trying to help the new teacher get things organized for when I'm gone. And it's really sad! Starting tomorrow, I will have to say good-bye to kids in my class everyday. I already know that I will be crying lots of tears this week... So wish me luck! I cried like a baby when I left my last job and I've been at this one 4 times as long and I'm 37 weeks pregnant! If you see me, I will probably have tear stains on my face. But then once the sad goodbyes are over all I will be thinking about is meeting my baby. That will probably bring a whole different kind of tears to my eyes! :-) I can't wait to finally see his little face!

37 Weeks
Whoa Big Baby!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys! You look adorable! Praying for you this week! :) love ya! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so heavy on my mind this week! I am thinking of you and praying for you as you finish work...don't do too much lifting or that baby will come early! :)

    ReplyDelete