Everyone keeps asking how it is to be at home, so I'll start with that. Strange! I've always gotten up first to take a shower before Carl gets up, so it has been really weird this week to still be in bed when he leaves for work. Other than Monday I really haven't slept in past when he leaves because apparently I don't know how to sleep in anymore. But it still feels wrong to not be up and ready to go by 7:30 every morning. I've gotten quite a bit done, which is really nice. I packed for the hospital (sort of). The baby stuff is ready to go. Mine is all layed out on the couch in the living room, but I just haven't worked up the energy to pull a suitcase out from the storage closet. Sad, but true. I should probably do that today. Monday I did lots of errands, Tuesday I cleaned out and reorganized our pantry and all the kitchen cabinets. Wednesday I didn't do very much. Actually one of the most productive things I did was spill a whole bowl of Mac & Cheese all over my blanket while I watched Parenthood, which forced me to do some laundry. Today I cleaned my car (and found $20!) and I went to school. I had a few things to give another teacher there but then I got to spend about a half hour with my class and it was so much fun! They are just so darn cute.
It wasn't as hard to leave last week as I thought it would be. It was sad, and I really do miss them. And I was teary eyed a lot Thursday and Friday, but I didn't cry. It's different this time then leaving my last job because I'm so excited about what's coming!
38 Weeks!
That is my huge baby. I had to have an ultrasound last week because they thought he was measuring to small (yeah right) and wanted to check his growth. He was of course above average and they're guessing he will be about 8 lbs 5 oz by his due date. So I had a little talk with him and asked him to please stop growing and just stay in the 7 lb range. This is his first listening skills test. We'll see how he does.
I also thought I'd put up a few pictures of the finished baby room. I still need to find cute things to put on the walls, but everything else is ready!
I almost took pictures of inside the closet and dresser just because all the little clothes are so cute! But I realize that's a bit much so I restrained myself.
Hopefully soon I'll have a post about a new baby! Then the pictures I post will be a lot more fun. :-)
I want to see those pictures! It would not be over the top at all!
ReplyDeleteDude!! I spilled my bowl of spaghetti on my blanket the other night when I was eating. My bowl slipped right out of my hand! :) I had to do laundry too! I wouldn't mind seeing seeing the little baby clothes either!! :) Can't wait to meet the little guy!
ReplyDelete